Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life in Cheney

It has been a relatively new experience for me to be living in a different town. As I am sure that most of you know, I have spent most of my life living in Colville, Wa. I grew up there in the small town of only 5,000 people surrounded by great friends and close family. I am the oldest of five siblings, and one of many awesome cousins. My grandparents lived just a few miles away on a massive ranch in Northport, WA. This ranch served as a sort of hub for massive family gatherings.

After I decided to move out on my own, I expanded my circle of friends even more. I began to drift away from the Christian fundamentalists that I was raised with and started hanging with a more secular and educated bunch. This was very enlightening. Soon after I met Thomas the love of my life and then together we began our own educational careers.

Following my education has landed me here in this odd and awkward town of Cheney, WA. I have only lived here a couple weeks so I still am not completely aware of its potential. Also, this is a college town that almost doubles in size during the beginning of the Fall quarter. I have not yet experienced the influx of hundreds of new people yet. This even is only a couple weeks away.

I am feeling rather detached. Anyone who really knows me knows that I am not so much a phone-person. I will talk if you call me, but I do not call people often. This is not to be confused with the fact that I am a text message addict, but that is beside the point. I really should call my mom because I really miss her and would like to chat. Hopefully I can get up there to see her soon.

The last time I saw my Grandparents (Fourth of July 2009), I learned that my Grandfather is writing down his life’s memories in a big notebook. I LOVE this Idea simply because my Grandpa has the greatest stories! I am also a little jealous of the outlook on life that my Grandpa has. He has stated many times that he has loved his life and that if he could, he would love to live it all over again and not change anything. Wow. Hopefully I can look back on all that I have been through and have done and feel the same way.

I am looking forward to making new friends here in Cheney, and living a little more than I have been able to do in my past. It should be a good thing for me. Once it all starts moving….

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment